Durian fruit is also known as the “king of fruits” sometimes. Durian is a very popular fruit having yellow green in color. It is delicious, soft, buttery smooth and sweet in taste having strong pungent unmistakable smell. Apart from avocados, it is the one of the most fat containing fruit. Durian is fully loaded with many antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, proteins and phytonutrients, which all hosts a large number of health benefits to humans. It contains iron, riboflavin, copper, folate, calcium, fiber, zinc, carotene, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, niacin, thiamin, sugar,vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and ascorbic acid. So check out the amazing health benefits of durian fruits as follows:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Durian is hot in nature and contains more amount of sugar, so diabetic patients and pregnant women avoid it.
- The presence of vitamin C in it, helps in the collagen of new cells and also repair them. It is beneficiary for skin, bones, healing cut, wounds and injuries. It also helps in the fighting with harmful free radicals damages caused many diseases.
- Durian fruit is made of soft and easy digestible pulp containing simple sugars such as fructose and sucrose, that helps to replenish the energy and revitalize the body instantly.
- It contains thiamin, which helps to encourage the hunger and increase the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach to easy digest food. So it is good for healthy digestion.
- It contains manganese, which regulates the blood glucose levels in the body and acts as ac o-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, Iron in it helps in the formation of red blood cells, copper in it, helps in the production of red blood cells, potassium helps to control heart beat rate and blood pressure to prevent from heart attack, strokes and clots due to maintaining of body fluids and electrolytes of cell. Calcium is necessary for the healthy and strong bones. Magnesium helps to prevent from muscle cramps and relax the nerves naturally.
- Folate in it, helps to increase the production of red blood cells (RBC) naturally to prevent from anemia. It is also good for feeding, lactating and pregnant women to increase the production of milk and prevent from many birth defects in the baby.
- It contains vitamin B6, helps to beat depression. Riboflavin helps to treat migraine headache.
- It is full of dietary fiber, which acts as a best bulk laxative effect. The rich fiber content helps to prevent the colon mucous membrane by reducing the exposure time and also binding to the cancer causing chemicals in the colon to prevent from different types of cancers.
- The combination of phosphorus and calcium is necessary for the building of new teeth and also good for healthy gums.
- The presence of Tryptophan, an amino acid, which acts as the best nature’s sleeping pill, helps our body to metabolize into serotonin and melatonin neuro chemicals which aids in sleep induction and epilepsy treatment.
See the table below for in depth analysis of nutrients:
Durian fruit (Durio zibethinus),
Nutrition value per 100 g.
(Source: USDA National Nutrient data base)
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Vitamins|| || |
|Electrolytes|| || |
|Minerals|| || |
|Phyto-nutrients|| || |
So start eating durians to prevent from all these health conditions. It can be many another health benefits like to treat jaundice, powerful blood cleanser, helps in thyroid metabolism, relieve constipation, reduce the anxiety, thyroid prevention, used as a mosquito repellent, power up your sex drive, boost your immune system, preventing dizziness and much more. If you know more health benefits of durian, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.